I am embarking on the most incredible journey (Wait, am I on the Bachelor?) of my life tomorrow morning. I haven't felt sad at all that I'm leaving -- until yesterday afternoon when Drew came in the door, yelled ANDERS!!! and ran over to give me "snugs." It hit me that I won't be able to see my family for awhile and I lost it. I definitely had some tearful goodbyes tonight with all my brothers and sister-in-laws after our last family swim party, but that's just cause I'm a baby with goodbyes, and I LOVE THEM SO MUCH!!!! But thanks to my best gal MEL G (holla) I watched a fair amount of her memory videos from her session this Spring/Summer, and it got me so PSYCHEDDD! And after orientation today, and meeting all of my roommates and others, I know it's going to be crazy fun. My dad keeps telling me I shouldn't be sad because it's such an adventure, and he's right. And I'm really not sad, actually. I know that once the goodbyes are over to my parents, and I get on the plane, I'll be good to go. No more sadness, just excitement.
To every thing there is a season, and a time
to every purpose under the heaven.
A time to weep, and a time to laugh;
a time to mourn, and a time to dance.
Good thing I'm studying the Old Testament this semester, because that stuff is poetry. I know that there is a time and a purpose for everything we do. I know that I am supposed to go to Israel this semester and experience everything that I will. Even though I love P-town, and fall in Provo is unbeatable, and I love Halloween parties, and my birthday, and the crunchy leaves, and the chill in the air, hot chocolate, and the cute clothes and boots, living with Reid, and General Conference in my PJ's; I know that Jerusalem is where I'm supposed to be this fall. And I'm sure there will be weeping, mourning, laughing and dancing -- lots of dancing.
Shalom, homies! See ya fer Christmas!



1 comment:
Just let Habib keep you warm at nights and you'll feel much better!!! JK, I'm pretty sure we're all going to miss you more on this end that you will from yours. Have a blast and I know you'll be good at taking lots of pictures to show us when you return.
Post a Comment