Friday, August 3, 2012

Living Planet Aquarium

Okay, I love Aquariums.  I remember about 3 years ago I said to my mom, "The two things that I wish Provo had that it doesn't, is an Aquarium, and a Planetarium."  HELLO! She told me there was a planetarium at BYU, and an aquarium in Sandy!  I can happily say I've now visited both.  And loved them.

Let me tell you something about this aquarium... It's underrated from the outside.  One year ago, Reid and I were in Sandy picking up a snowboard for our cousin, Ash (Let's be honest, the real reason for the trip was Nothin Bundt Cake, but we said it was to get Ashley's snowboard...) And on our way back I saw the Aquarium sign!! I BEGGED Allison if we could go, and I told her I'd even pay for her if she would just humor me for a half hour.  Turns out, when we got inside my gag reflex set in and the man at the front said "Welcome to the happiest place on earth!" and I was completely turned off and we walked out... Everyone knows that DISNEYLAND is the happiest place on earth.  But really, it's much neater on the inside than it is on the outside! (After you get past the Utah exhibit.... Nothin but Trout and a bunch more grey fish)




Hailey had asked Andi before we went what color the fish were going to be and Andi said all sorts of colors.  After the first Utah exhibit, we realized that the correct answer was this:
Grey. 


 The Happy Couple... Bryan looks like he belongs in a tank with the fish.



 I love that little kitty -- the flash was a little strong for her eyes... haha




 Otters were definitely my favorite.  So cool.  Second place definitely goes to the Gators, though.

 Up close and personal


 Checkin out the otters from inside their tank!



 She looks like my mom here.



 Noah was getting brave enough to touch the sting ray RIGHT when it decided to slap up the side of the tank and scare the heck out of all of us!

 Seconds later there were tears.
Then the aquarium lady kept trying to reassure us that "Carlos" was just trying to play, and really he's so friendly, so Noah shouldn't be sad... Like he's gonna be okay now that he knows Carlos is nice.



Great night at the aquarium with the fam.

3 comments:

Nicole and Shaun J said...

OKAY. Yesterday I went to the GA aquarium which is the LARGEST aquarium in the world. WORLD. There biggest tank is as large as a football field. There is just something about aquariums huh?? I'm obsessed. I could sit there and just stare forever.

COME TO GEORGIA.

Andrea Brinton said...

Nicole I knowww!!! I am coming to visit you just to see that Aquarium. Tawni was talking about it cause her parents were mission presidents in Makin, and I DIED! I told her you had just posted a picture that day of it and you were there! So awesome.

bethanne said...

Your mom looks gorgeous in these pictures! It was so fun seeing some of you for a minute when I was there. I am excited for your adventures in the fall and I can't wait to hear all about them!