Field Trip number 2 this week: The Negev. Do you know what that is? It's the DESERT.
We visited a Bedouin women tent where they weave everything under the sun.
This lady was A CHAMP. She sits on her knees hunched over weaving rugs for hours a day -- yikes. BUT, I did get duped into buying a rug. Everyone keeps ripping on me because I can't help myself when it comes to souvenirs. It really is a beauty of a rung though, and the tag says "Made by Bedouin women in the Negev," so that's a plus...
Tels Tels Tels!
In case you were wondering, the answer is no. I actually DON'T have a small animal inside my hard hat, nor is my hair in a bun under there. It's just REALLY sitting that far off my head. The answer to your other question is yes, this is the second time I've been privileged enough to wear a hard hat this week. Luckily.
And this is the moment when everything got very real for me in Israel. It was time to break out "Sunday Afternoons" for real.
I am officially a part of "Club Sunday Afternoons." My parents would be so proud.
"We're in the Negev. It's what you do."









1 comment:
Negev was the coldest day of my entire life. I love your hat!!
Post a Comment