Sukkot. A week long Jewish Holiday. On Thursday afternoon Jaquel, Kathryn, Rose and I took a long walk on over to West Jerusalem to check out the scene. We had heard something about concerts and parades? Get us there.
The first thing we came across was this SWEET Hebrew concert going on. It wasn't quite Matisyahu, but I was satisfied.
A lot of live music and happy people.
Mom, you would have died. This lady started playing Fiddler on the ROOF right into my camera! Haha! I'll have to email you the video. It made me wish you were here!
During Sukkot, the Jewish people build these Tabernacles outside to eat in. This was one at a restaurant at the mall we passed by.
Then, we stumbled across the PARADE. This was such a cool experience for me, I think I was smiling for a solid 2 hours. So many happy people from pretty much every country walking down this road in Jerusalem to support Israel. One of the coolest acts of patriotism I've ever seen. I am grateful I was able to witness.
This wasn't your average parade where everybody stays behind the barricades, either. It was pretty much a free for all. In fact there was one point that Jaquel was wandering on down the path with the Brazillian party!
My 3 brother's missions were all representing as well!
Shout out to ROBERT from Germany! Who would ever think to see all these countries flags in a parade in Israel.
And to Bryan and Scott from Brazil!
U.S.A!!!
Okay, this lady standing by us had this crazy balloon that kept nailing us all in the face. So hilarious the lady wasn't even realizing it.
THIS was one of the funniest moments of the entire day. I wish we had a picture of the initial attack, but these asian ladies come up and SWARM Jaquel. Like literally jumping on her, hugging, kissing her cheeks!! They've probably never seen such a tall, blonde white girl before!! So hilarious. And once they were done with her they made their way over to me and the other 2 girls and were hugging and kissing us like crazy with their little rimmed hats nailing us in the eyes -- SO hilarious.
AND THEN!!!!!! The Brazillians came through and we say a few of them handing people their vests, so Jaquel was like "Does anyone else have a vest we can have?!" And this nice lady hands hers to her. So I'm like whoa whoa whoa, I want one! So Jaquel, like the crazy sweetheart she is just starts walking down the parade route and asking people if we can have the vests off their BACK!!! Hahahahahaha I've never laughed so hard in my entire life. She surely succeeded!
It sounds like I am always worshipping Jaquel on my blog, huh? Well it's because I do.
These guys were more than happy to oblige in taking a pic with me -- cause hey, I fit right in! We match!
Here's an article that explains a little more about the parade. We were standing right there earlier in the parade, but we'd moved up by the time the U.S. passed by.





















No comments:
Post a Comment