Saturday, October 13, 2012

Zedekiah's children

So the other day Rose, Jaquel and I needed a couple hours of fresh air after classes, so we decided to head on down to ZEDEKIAH'S CAVE underneath the old city.  On our way there we got MOBBED by these cutie children while they waited for the bus.

I couldn't understand a WORD that came out of their mouth except for "FAVORITE COLOR?!!!"  And maybe what's your name and where are you from...

They were obsessed with our cameras... I'm surprised mine is still in tact, actually.  When I say they mobbed us, I'm not using it lightly.  They were pulling our hair, yanking on our bangs, hanging all over us, people.  But it was a hilarious blast.  I hope to see these little devil angels again sometime.



Homegirl here wanted a solo shot with each of us and she got TICKED when the others would barge into her picture.

We finally made it to the cave, and it was LOVELY.  And cool cause we just read about Zedikiah in Old Testament that night!  They're still not really sure what this cave was used for -- all I know is that it was HUGE and MAN MADE.  That's impressive enough for me.


3 cheers for my girl Rose who captured this toe-touch.  Jaquel and I are really taking this cheerleading thing seriously.


Love these 2 adventure biscuits.

On our way back through West Jerusalem to purchase the best passion fruit slushie I've ever had in my entire life, we cam across this beautiful grave yard.  As we walked in, we realized we were standing RIGHT on top of Golgotha.

Really excellent adventuring.

1 comment: