Tuesday, October 2, 2012

ZOO PARTY!!

Alright, ONE TWO THREE!
HAAAAAPPY BIRTHDAY TO MEEE!
HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO ME!
HAPPY BIRTHDAY DEAR DREEEE!
HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO MEEE!!!
So, if you haven't guessed, it was my birthday on Monday.  Because Mondays are field trip days, the kids and I decided to celebrate my birthday on Sunday because that's our free day! (Remember, sabbath is on Saturday in Jerusalem.  We're not sinners.)

SO, my beautiful deary, Jaquel was so gracious and threw me a birthday party to the ZOOO!  She knew I wanted to check out the biblical zoo here in Jerusalem, so she whipped up these invitations and posted them all around the center.  I wish you could read them in this picture, cause they're HILARIOUS. 

Anyway, super hilarious because whilst putting up these invitations around the center, she had the idea in her brain that I only have about 8 friends here in Jerusalem... so we're up at security arranging taxis and she's like so should we just get one taxi (which fits 10 people)?  And I'm like uhhh.. there have been a lot of people telling me they're coming!  Long story short, we made Brookey get a count of who all is coming by asking everyone one by one and we ended up with 42!  I'm popular.

Everyone was a little skeptical of this Tisch Family Biblical Zoo, but it was pretty huge and legit.


Super psyched to see that my favorite animal was present.

AND we have 50 pics by the elephants -- I'm not complaining.  This is one of my VERY FAVORITE rommates, Madison.  I dwarf her.


Cutie little elephants :)

Best imitations we could get??  


Okay, so the zoo in Jerusalem is pretty different from the zoos in America... most of the enclosures aren't exactly enclosures.  They're just a small rope dividing you and the animals, or no ropes at all.  Kind of like LEMUR LAND where they were ALL over the place.  A little worried seeing that 5 minutes earlier we were talking about the lady on Oprah who had her face mawled off my her neighbors pet Chimp... We got out alive

But not without a lemur taking a rest on my head...

HAHAHA Love this picture of Jaquelly.



Made our way around to Noah's ark where I had the best Magnum Bar of my entire LIFE.  Rose and Staish were pretty stoked about getting their first ever over priced treat at the zoo.


I love everybody's individual interpretations of what exactly it is that a flamingo looks like...

Love this girl!  Thanks for the PARTAY Jaquel! And really just for always being in charge of us!  Classic Jaquel conversation (Everything that comes out of her mouth is funny just because she said it):
Kate:  Hey are we going to get pizza after this?
Jaquel:  Well my party ends at 1, so if anyone else wants to plan something after that, they can.
Hahahaha...

Great people here.  Thanks for coming to my birthday party and making me feel like a million BUCKS, friends!

And here is the video I made from the Zoo.  Music:  Blood - The Middle East

Zoo Birthday from Andrea Brinton on Vimeo.

1 comment:

Treble Clef ♪ said...

Happy belated Birthday!! Looks like it was for sure a memorable one:)