Saturday, November 17, 2012

Adventuring

Last week we had a free day... The free day of all free days.  We did so much.  We started off the day at this lovely Russian Orthodox church -- the Onion church, as we like to call it.  A few of us have been admiring it from afar and wanted to go in, but it's only open on Tuesday and Thursday mornings, which we've never really had available until this particular day.

This is my roommate Madison.  She loves me, even though she never tells me it back when I leave the apartment.


There was a section that required head scarves, and because I'm such a nice friend, I loaned Rosie half of mine cause she was a rookie and forgot.

Brookie is also a rookie and forgot we had to wear a skirt, so she got to wear this LOVELY apron wrap the whole time.  What a gem that one, I sure do love her.

Then Jaquel took school pictures of all of us with the Dome in the back.  
15th grade school pic.

See that little guy back there?  That's the onion from across the street.  We took pics in front of the Onion at the Dome and pics in front of the Dome from the Onion.

We stopped by this bakery in the Jewish Quarter (because it's my favorite, and everyone always is so sweet to indulge me if we're anywhere near that joint).  It always makes my day just a little brighter than it already is.  Seriously, it's the best bakery on this green earth.


Waiting in line to get into the Dome.










There are few things I love in this world more than a GOOD slice of pizza.  And there are few places I love eating in the Holy Land than Mozzerella Pizza in the Jewish Quarter.  It's. So. Good.  Holy cow.  And it never hurts to follow it up with my favorite bakery down the way... I love food.




FINALLY I made it to the "Shuk" Mehane Yehuda Market.  I've just been wanting to eat a donut there since week ONE when I read a post from BRIELLE at Aladdin's money exchangers that said everybody should eat a donut at the Shuk.  It didn't disappoint.  Walking through the Shuk Jaquel started yelling at us to take a picture with this nappy man below.  Turns out he's a pretty famous Rock Star here in the Holy Land... A lot of people would find us quite lucky to have taken this.  Me? I don't know who this man is.

Outside the Shuk

We ran into this boy singing American songs on the street, so we ran over and sang along with him.  Turns out he's from Boston and let Alta give it a try.

THEN we came upon the DRAGON FESTIVAL outside Jaffa gate. Bahaha! Dragons everywhere.  An excellent end to a beautiful day with the most beautiful people I know.

Yeah, that's a dragon.

No comments: