Wednesday, November 14, 2012

Foot Steps

 I lived a charmed life.  Yesterday we had a field trip in the Jewish Quarter and stood on the steps of the double gate that leads to the temple that stood in the time of Christ.  These steps are one of the few places that we can pretty confidently say that Christ actually walked.

This is the stone at the entrance of the temple where he probably crossed pretty often. 

Sometimes I just think about my life right now and I don't even understand how I got so blessed to have the opportunities and experiences that I am.  Brother Judd told us that we need to remember how many people wish they could do the things we are doing.  Sometimes I take advantage of all the experiences, and I don't soak them in as much as I need to because I'm just used to living here.  But I know how blessed I am, and I'm so grateful that I can take part in this CRAZY experience that a lot of people wish they could have.

And sometimes we have to switch it up with our backpacks cause there's too much weight on our backs for a little too long!
I'm dying that I'm down to a month until I come back home.  I'm going to miss this place.  It's crazy to think that one day walking down the Kidron everyday and sitting in sacrament meeting overlooking the Holy Land and laughing till I cry in the Oasis, and talking to locals on the street will just be memories and lessons learned.  Always to be remembered with the sweetest fondness.

No comments: