The last two days in Jerusalem are to be spent recounting the last week of Christ's life. Because it's winter time in Jerusalem, our last field trip was rained out and we weren't able to go on it. We were still allowed out if we were willing to brave the rain, so of course these hoodlums and I did just that.
We went to several churches, shopped in the old city, and basked in the fact that it's actually Christmas time, even though it didn't feel like it!
The last item on the itinerary for the day we WOULD have had planned was a testimony meeting at the Garden Tomb. This was one thing that we still were able to do, luckily.
We made our way over a little earlier in the rain, and took pictures. Our class sat under a canopy at the Garden and had a testimony/reflection meeting for about 2 hours. It was one of the best memories I have from Jerusalem, and definitely something I'll never forget.
How can you not love them?
So I have the lyrics to this song printed out in my journal that I got one week in Relief Society from my ward this last summer, and every time I went to the Garden Tomb I would read these lyrics and think about how blessed I am with the knowledge that I have a Savior who loves me. I wanted to do something with this song at the Garden Tomb so I could always remember. With the help of Rosie and Jack, we filmed this little montage at the Garden Tomb as a reminder of our beautiful experiences we had here - including that last testimony meeting we had with our classes. I finally got around to editing it today!
"Behold, the Wounds in Jesus' Hands"
Garden Tomb - Behold the Wounds in Jesus' Hands from Andrea Brinton on Vimeo.
No comments:
Post a Comment