For B. Stratford's class we had an assignment at the Israel Museum. I'm glad we kind of procrastinated this one because I felt like we recognized and understood a lot more what we were looking at! Made me realize how much I've actually learned here in the Holy Land about "Antiquities."
Sidenote: I'm really glad I decided to take Hebrew--especially while I'm living in this Country. It's like a little game trying to sound out and read the letters written in the Dead Sea scrolls and a lot of other cool stuff. Unfortunately by the time we were at the scrolls, I was too beat to bother sounding out the letters in that one.
Right across the street from the Museum is the Knesset, or the Israeli Government building. We didn't have a lot of time before our Sherut came to pick us up, so a few who I won't name tried to flirt our way out of getting the full blown tour and just letting us walk around for a minute so we could see it -- no cigar.
But what they could do for us is take a picture with us.
When you don't speak Hebrew, apparently it's hard to gesture that you want someone to take a picture of you. What they really think you're trying to say is "please can we take a picture WITH you." Turned out nicely anyway. Sorry Staish.





No comments:
Post a Comment